Friday, February 26, 2010

LVMH wants to be normal!

So in case you did not know, LVMH (Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton) shut down their e-commerce website eluxury.com last year. So if you’re thinking like me, you’re probably assuming they were creating an even better more efficient and user friendly e-commerce site to deliver high-end luxury products to the consumer. But they did the total opposite, which shocked me. They created www.nowness.com which is the replacement for eluxury. Nowness.com is a luxury brands first attempt to be normal, and not commercial. It’s taking the luxury brand and truly making it an entity of its own. Nowness.com goal is to bring art, culture, fashion, or travel to the public, and not in hopes of making money, but instead to show the public the different things that inspire fashion and the creative process. LVMH basically wants to be normal and show the consumer that it’s not all about making money; it’s about creativity, inspiring creativity and offering valued content. I think this is a wonderful move by the brand and hopefully more brands follow. I personally set up a tumblr account Surajo Bello to show case my artistic vision and things that inspire me and my brand. It’s going to be a work in process since I’m inspired everyday.