Friday, February 26, 2010

Hermes does men’s deluxe!

I think it’s pretty awesome Herems, one of the most luxurious brands today, has finally decided to open up a men's only boutique on Madison ave parallel to their flagship store. I think it was a wise move as now they can directly compete with Tom Ford, Kiton, and Brioni since they all cater to the super rich. Hermes made-to-measure shirt starts at around $850, while a made-to-measure suit starts at $6,000. A bespoke suit starts at $9,000. All the fittings are done here in New York but the sewing is done in Paris. They are definitely increasing their product offerings, compared to what is currently offered at the flagship. At the new menswear boutique they will be offering the option of custom jackets in exotic skins. The opening range for a custom made jacket is $50,000. Wow! That’s got to be some hell of luxurious fabric. I mean our menswear suit’s hit a ceiling of $9,035 for a super 200 cashmere/wool three piece suit, which is pretty luxurious, but $50,000 for a Jacket? I’d love to have that luxurious jacket on my back. Robert B Chavez if you’re reading this I wouldn’t mind modeling one of those jackets for you.