Monday, March 23, 2009

"The Fame" - Lady GaGa

As you may have already read in one of my previous posts, music is a big part of my life. Music gives me tons of inspiration, and joy. I have particular taste to what I consider good music. For some it may start with lyrics, but for me it starts with rhythm and ends with the lyrics. There is nothing like music that can fill the room with so much energy, or fill the room with such a good feeling/vibe. Good music for me is defined by its ability to make me move, whether its a tap of my feet, a bop of my head or a full body expression of the power of the music, its moving me. Good music for me also invokes strong feelings, whether its joy, nostalgia, sorrow, or reflection, good music moves me soulfully or emotionally. So I will start making post's about songs or albums and whether it was worth it or not worth it getting your hands on it.

So with that said I recently got my hands on Lady GaGa's debut album "The Fame". Released October 28, 2008. Its one of those albums that makes you want to physically move, bop your hand, and sing along to on occasion =) I played this in my bedroom and my room was quickly filled with the vibe, you know that vibe that gets you moving. Her album is really interesting, sexual innuendos coupled with dance club beats and complimenting lyrics, its definitely worth getting your hands on, so get it and "Just Dance".



Best Songs on the album in my opinion are:

- Just Dance ft Colby Odonis
- Lovegame
- Paparazzi
- Beautiful Dirty Rich
- Poker Face
- The Fame
- Money Honey
- I Like It Rough